May in Mental Health Awareness Month. In my overwhelming interest in sharing budgeting tips and tricks with you, I’ve gotten away from another passion of mine: mental health.
I work in mental health full-time, working with people who are diagnosed with serious mental illness. I’ve learned so much in my short career thus far, and I want so badly to share what I have learned with everyone!
One key fact I have learned is so many people don’t understand many of the common mental health diagnoses, like depression and anxiety.
During this month, I will be introducing a mental health element to my blog. Some things you can expect are:
- My experience working with people with serious mental illness
- Insights of a therapist
- Common struggles of mental illness
- Basic facts about common diagnoses
- How to be helpful to yourself and others
- Education about self-care
I’m really excited about introducing this new element to my blog!
What do you think about this?