Hello there! My name is Michelle: therapist-in-training by day, blogger by night. I’ve created Furry Finches to share my experiences of being a mid-20’s debt-free hopeful as well as provide accurate information about mental health.
My personal goals are:
- To become debt-free & financially free
- Improve my home and life organization skills
- Build my own home
- Educate people about mental health
- One day have a family
Until then, I’m paying down my debt and trying to make it until my next payday. I work in mental health so it’ll probably take a while!
My family currently consists of my delightful husband, our magical rescue dog, Scout, and our precious baby beagle, Atticus. I named by blog after my beautiful puppies because they are both named after To Kill A Mockingbird characters (my favorite book).
I love being a #dogmom.
We live in a teeny, tiny starter home (~790 sq. ft.). It’s a little cramped but I believe it’s teaching us both valuable lessons in both togetherness and minimalism. Since we moved into our home, we have eliminated a bunch of “stuff” and we don’t even miss it.
Here are some key things I feel you should know about me:
- I work full-time in the mental health field and I love my work
- I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- My mother has Borderline Personality Disorder
- I love my dogs fiercely
- I keep baby pictures of Atticus’s puppyhood
- I frequently annoy my coworkers by sharing too many photos of my dogs
- I enjoy using hashtags in both written and verbal communication satirically
- I use too many parentheses when writing (and I’m trying to cut it out)
- I enjoy making others laugh
- I watch too much TV (Futurama, Bob’s Burgers, Archer, The Mindy Project, New Girl, etc.)
- I am passionate about saving money and paying down my debt
- An unorganized area gives me anxiety. Serious, serious anxiety.
- I love to try to make things myself (detergent, soap, deodorant, lip balm, food, etc.)
- I love receiving advice, tips, and tricks from others
- I do not keep up with the Kardashians or the Joneses
- I enjoy connecting with new people and would love to hear from you!
I really hope you stick around and find something helpful!