Hello my lovely friends! I’m so excited to see you!
I’d like to take a little time to introduce myself. My name is Michelle and I’ve created Furry Finches to share my experiences of being a mid-20’s newlywed.
My goal is to provide insight into the tips and tricks I’ve picked up along my way to help me achieve my goals. My goals are to become debt-free, financially free, organized, build my own home, and one day have a family. Until then, I’m paying down my debt and trying to make it until next payday.
My family currently consists of my delightful husband, our magical rescue dog, Scout, and our precious baby beagle, Atticus. They are both named after To Kill A Mockingbird characters (my favorite book, by dear Harper Lee). They are also the inspiration for the name of my blog. Get it? Two furry dogs named after the Finches.
We live in a teeny tiny starter home (~790 sq. ft.). It’s a little cramped but I believe it’s teaching us both valuable lessons in both togetherness and eliminating unnecessary stuff. Since we moved into our home we have eliminated many items and we do not even miss them. It’s freeing to remember that our family is so much more important than any physical items we could acquire.
Here are some key things I feel you should know about me:
- I work full-time in the mental health field and I love my work.
- I love my dogs probably pretty closely to how you love your children.
- I keep baby pictures of Atticus’s puppyhood.
- I frequently annoy my coworkers by sharing too many photos of my dogs with them.
- I love being a #dogmom.
- I enjoy using hashtags in both written and verbal communication satirically.
- I’m a huge Harry Potter fan.
- I also love Futurama.
- I use too many parenthesis when writing (and I’m trying to cut it out).
- I enjoy making others laugh.
- I watch too much TV.
- I am passionate about saving money and paying down my debt.
- An unorganized area gives me anxiety. Serious, serious anxiety.
- I love to make lists.
- By definition, I am profane.
- I love printables.
- I love to try to make things myself (soap, deodorant, lip balm, food, etc.).
- I love receiving advice, tips, and tricks from others.
- I do not keep up with the Kardashians or the Joneses.
- I enjoy connecting with new people and would love to hear from you!
I really hope you stick around and find something helpful!